Get Involved!Join Now as a Career Coach!Join Now as a Company!!
The Milwaukee region has a unique opportunity to strengthen the critical relationship between our business community, our education community and our future workforce. But, we need your help to ensure the initiative is successful.
Community Career Connections, in collaboration with Milwaukee Public Schools, School District of New Berlin, School District of Waukesha, Junior Achievement of Wisconsin, as well as several organizations and businesses in the Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties, have recently decided to build upon the academic and career planning (ACP) tools used by many of our region’s school districts by implementing Inspire Southeast Wisconsin. Inspire Southeast Wisconsin takes those tools to the next level by providing ways for the business community to connect with students and educators.
The Inspire Southeast Wisconsin initiative is intended to enrich the local ACP process for students of all backgrounds, parents and educators by developing working partnerships with local employers in order to benefit all those who care about and are engaged with talent development. In addition, we are working closely with the Youth Apprenticeship program to bring in 115 new Youth Apprentices as well as several new employers.
Benefits to Students and Parents
- Exposure to local career-based learning activities; and
- Exposure to real-time online career coaching in career cluster areas of interest.
Benefits to Educators
- Stronger collaboration with local employers to better understand future workforce demands;
- Stronger connections with local business and community resources for advancing personalized academic and career plans
- pathway planning for students; and
- Stronger relationship development between the local academic and business communities.
Benefits to Employers
- Opportunity to proactively engage with the education community to tailor curriculum and programming to address current and future workforce needs;
- Opportunity to directly enhance career readiness through career-based learning and online career coaching opportunities; and
- Opportunity to keep future workforce talent-pool in the Milwaukee region.
Partnering with Milwaukee-area businesses like yours is vital to making an impact on our young people’s futures, your talent pipeline and on our community as a whole.
Join Now as a Career Coach!Join Now as a Company!!