Inspire Southeast Wisconsin is a web-based tool, accessed through Career Cruising, for educators to engage students in thinking about their careers, find relevance in what they are learning in the classroom and increase students’ career readiness.
How does the program work?
The Inspire SE WI addition to the Career Cruising system provides a customized information-sharing and resource-gathering environment where students can:
- Learn about area companies that offer jobs and careers in their area of interest
- Participate in career discussions with an online career coach from that company
- Further interact with that company by participating in other career-based learning experiences, such as job-shadowing, internships, company tours, and summer employment
As a GROW.HERE. Partner, you will receive the following services from M7 at no cost:
- GROW.HERE. Orientation Meeting with Inspire Demonstration
- GROW.HERE. Business Partner Meeting(s) to engage current and new partners to utilize Inspire and provide career-based learning experiences for your students
- Web-based Training: Train the Trainer and Coordinator Training
- Basic online technical assistance via inspiresoutheastwisconsin.com
- Monitoring and maintenance of student portal
Additional fee-based services to support your Inspire implementation can be provided through CESA #1
- Inspire Train the Trainer and Coordinator Training (in-person)
- Implementation Planning Workshop
- Inspire Southeast Wisconsin Network (coming soon)
How can educators participate?
- In order to add Inspire Southeast Wisconsin, your school must have an active account with Career Cruising and your district must reside in one of the following counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, Racine, Kenosha, or Walworth.
- If you or your school are interested in participating in Inspire SE WI and meet the above requirements, please contact us.
- Please reference our Educator FAQs for more information.
Please refer to our Educator Readiness Self Check List below and Education Partner Readiness Guide for additional support.
Educator Self Check List
Readiness Indicators that need to be met in order to gain access to Inspire Southeast Wisconsin:
- Agree to become a GROW.HERE. partner. This means that your organization will develop partnerships with GROW.HERE. Business Partners whenever possible and appropriate.
- Currently holds a Career Cruising license for your school or district.
- Will invite current business partners to an Inspire/GROW.HERE. Demo and Partnership Building Workshop.
- Agree to invite your current business partners to utilize Inspire Southeast Wisconsin as the way to engage with and provide career-based learning experiences for your students
- Appoint a Lead Contact and at least one Inspire Coordinator for each school/building.
Additional Readiness Indicators that will be assessed with recommendations for support if needed:
- Support from administration and staff for your Inspire implementation
- Staff time/position allocated to develop and maintain relationships with employers
- Strong Implementation plan that aligns with other organizational programs initiatives (Academic and Career Planning, Career and Technical Education etc.)
- Special Considerations and preparation for Special Needs and At-Risk Youth
- Appropriate Liability Practices and Procedures